Showbox offers a fabulous experience to its users by providing with the latest movies and shows, etc. These movies, shows are in HD quality and entirely free of cost. However, Showbox is not a valid application as it was published by cyber thieves who aspired for easy money. Showbox uses various spam email attachments, malicious torrents, and porn websites to invade your system.
Also, it can identify your system bugs so that it can give the virus an opportunity to abuse your PC. Once it gets successfully installed on your PC, this harmful malware starts altering Windows registry and browser settings.
As a conclusion, you will find it tough to surf the internet smoothly. You will experience slow internet speed. Also, an increased possibility of the introduction of new viruses, loss of personal data, etc. The viruses might slow down the performance of your PC. Or contaminate your routine applications, particularly the security tools. If you do not eliminate these infections immediately, they will keep spreading. And eventually, end up stealing confidential information. This includes your online banking details, search queries, phone number, home address, email contacts and so on from your PC.
There exist two possible methods to remove the viruses from your PC. One is a manual method while the other is the automatic method. This makes use of a Special Virus Remover and a Registry Cleaner. First, we will be discussing the manual method to remove these viruses. But, you need to be very careful while executing the manual method. Since manual removal will require users to erase malicious things in Registry. This is critical to entire system and users cannot afford to make any mistake.
For other concerns, you may check out how to Fix Showbox Not Working. This is because not all Showbox issues are malware-related. No app is perfect so keep that in mind. If you want, you can make a comparison from these Showbox alternatives.
- 1 #1 Manual method
- 1.1 For Chrome
- 1.2 For Firefox
- 1.3 For Internet Explorer
- 2 #2 Automatic method
#1 Manual method
1. Open the task manager on your PC using the key combinations ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc.’
2. Search for the process related to Showbox and click on ‘End Process.’
- Click the Chrome menu button which you will find on the browser toolbar.
- Here, click on ‘Tools.’
- Then, select ‘Extensions.’
- Now, you need to click on the trash can icon to delete Showbox extension.
- Also, make sure that you remove all the unwanted extensions.
- A confirmation dialog will pop-up on the screen, click the ‘Remove’ option.
- First, click on the menu button and choose ‘Add-ons.’ Then, the Add-ons Manager tab will start.
- Now, from the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Remove all the unwanted extensions.
- Then, click on ‘Disable’ or ‘Remove’ option of Showbox.
- Now, click ‘Restart now’ option if it pops up.
For Internet Explorer
- Open the Internet Explorer, click the Tools option, and then click ‘Manage add-ons.’
- Then, click ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ on the left-hand side of the window and then select ‘Showbox.’
- Remove all the unwanted BHO’s.
- If the add-on can be deleted, click the ‘Remove’ option. And then, click ‘Close’. Otherwise, click the ‘Disable’ option.
- Launch the Control Panel window on your PC.
- In the Control Panel window, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ option which you will find under the ‘Programs’ category.
- Here, in the ‘Programs and Features’ window, search and uninstall Showbox. Along with other unwanted and unknown programs which appear suspicious to you.
Step 4- Locate and remove all malicious registry files generated by Showbox app.
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Win key and R key simultaneously. Then, type ‘Regedit’ in the dialog box and press the ‘Enter’ key.
- Then, search and delete all the corrupt registry files related to Showbox.
#2 Automatic method
1. Download Plumbytes Anti-Malware application on your PC from Google.
2. Once the download finishes, you can navigate to the ‘Downloads’ section. Double-click ‘antimalwaresetup.exe’ to initiate the installation of Plumbytes Anti-Malware.
3. Now, when Plumbytes Anti-Malware is successfully installed, it will run a system scan. It will automatically detect the threats related to Showbox.
4. When the scan by Plumbytes Anti-Malware is completed, click ‘Remove Selected’ to get rid of all Showbox viruses.
Step 2- Install RegcurePro to repair all damaged registry files and resurrect security exploits.
- Download RegcurePro from Google on your PC.
- Once it gets downloaded, navigate to the ‘Downloads’ section and double-click ‘RegCureProSetup’ to initiate the installation of RegcurePro.
- When RegcurePro gets successfully installed, click ‘Click to Start Scan’ to detect files infected by Showbox.
- Once RegcurePro completes its scan, click on ‘Fix All’ option to resolve all the security bugs related to Showbox.
Hopefully, you have properly executed every step in either of the methods listed above. This way, you will get rid of all the Showbox viruses successfully. If you get stuck at any of the steps mentioned above then, please let us know in the comments section.