Showbox is the application which has redefined the definition of entertainment applications category. This application offers its users high definition online content streaming such as movies and TV shows.
Other applications were still struggling to gain users by lowering their subscription rates. Showbox engaged in offering the same content without any charges. In Showbox application, developers have tried to deliver everything they can. Be it downloading the video content or feature to Chromecast the streaming on TV. It even supports Showbox for Windows Computer, Showbox for iPhone and iPad, Download Showbox for Chromecast, and Showbox for PS4 console. The all-around feel of this application is simply flawless. And makes its users feel that they are using a premium application. Check out for information by visiting Showbox FAQ: What is Showbox page.
Read this entire page carefully, Here you will learn everything about “Showbox for Ubuntu“. You can call this page Showbox for Linux 101 guide page. You can follow this guide to run showbox on any linux machine. no matter if it’s running on latest version of ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, openSUSE or anything else.
In the current world, the smartphone industry is almost dominated by the Android Operating system. By which, is itself, based on Linux kernel. However, android emulators are a few for Linux OS as compared to Windows. So, let’s jump right into the options of best Android emulators to run Showbox android application on Ubuntu (Linux).
Unlike other platforms where we get multiple options to run Showbox; but in Ubuntu (or any other Linux) you can only use Android emulators to run your favorite Android application. So, let’s right jump into the options of best android emulators to run Showbox android application on Ubuntu (Linux).
Best Android Emulators To Run Showbox On Ubuntu (Linux)
You need an android emulator to run your favorite Android applications on your Linux installed machine. Below we have listed handpicked android emulators which you can use run Showbox on your Ubuntu.
Andy Android Emulator
Andy Android Emulator is an exciting emulator available for Linux from the developers of andyroid.net. The unique thing about this android emulator is that it has Google Play Store support, even any of the Windows emulators have not given Google Play Store support so far!
- Control games with a controller using your mobile phones. This is to play Android games on your Ubuntu and have a seamless experience.
- This emulator has got Multi-Touch support, which will let you do your task and play games easily.
- Camera and Microphone Support added with Open GL hardware acceleration.
- Offers outstanding synchronization between your Ubuntu and your mobile device.
- The entire experience while running Showbox on this emulator feels like a charm!
This is probably the best android emulator available for Ubuntu to date. This is due to it’s unique and out of the box features available only in Genymotion.
When it comes to run Showbox on my Ubuntu, I barely use any emulator other than Genymotion. This emulator has exceptionally got everything you need in an emulator.
- The primary thing about any application is its user interface. Genymotion developers have really worked hard on developing an awesome UI which is simple but loaded with features.
- It allows you to allocate the resources RAM and disk available to the emulator. Thi, in turn,n will certainly be a great feature when you are running a PC with low specifications.
- Genymotion developers have made sure that you can directly connect to the internet through Ethernet/WiFi. This will help you to access the internet directly in the android emulator.
- OpenGL hardware acceleration with ADB support acts like a boon when it comes to playing games in your android interference. That too can display in a fullscreen mode!
- Supports drag and drop file transfer directly to your emulated SD card. Apart from this, it also supports Light sensors, Gyroscope sensors, and accelerometer sensors.
Bluestacks, the name which you can always trust on for the best android experience. This emulator is the most popular android emulator on Windows platform with maximum installations and user-base. It’s offline installation capability along with smooth UI and versatility is the key feature for this emulator.
- Bluestacks interface offers you almost similar android like experience on your Ubuntu.
- Direct internet access support using Ethernet/WiFi.
- Supports awesome features like direct APK installation, background minimization, smoother Gameplay etc.
- Supports the Google Play; the largest and most popular Android apps market.
- Bluestacks can be downloaded for 32 bit and 64 bit both by clicking on this link.
Note: As of now, Bluestacks isn’t available for Ubuntu. However, you can use Wine application which can be found in Ubuntu software center.
How to Run Showbox On Ubuntu Linux using an Emulator
- First of all, download the setup file of the emulator that you wish to use while running Showbox.
- Now download showbox apk latest version file.
- Install the APK on your Linux distro by opening the APK file using the Emulator.
- Launch the emulator and find Showbox app in the app drawer; this would launch Showbox application just like an android device.
- Enjoy streaming your favorite movies and TV shows.
I have handpicked these 3 android emulators for Linux and have personally tried and tested them on our own parameters. I am sure that you will find these android emulators perfect for running Showbox on your Ubuntu (Linux) machine. If you face any problems or have any queries regarding running Showbox on your Ubuntu, feel free to describe them in the comments section. We will be happy to help you!